Posted by lanktank on January 13, 2010
Dearest Lank Tank Readers…
This time has come to bid farewell.
Unfortunately due to demanding schedules and the pressures of a whole bunch of crap that really I’d prefer not to be doing; The Lank Tank has to go on a hiatus, if you will.
Thank you to all the regular readers – hell, even the sporadic ones! It’s been a blast and hopefully when time and circumstance permits it, we’ll be back.
A few thoughts I’d like to mention before I day cheers:
- It’s never really as bad as it seems at the time. Unless you’re in a company meeting and shit your pants – then, yes, it is that bad.
- Turns out, trying Karaoke once, isn’t that humiliating – but don’t make a habit out of it.
- Don’t speak to people who wear Crocs .
- If a guy is sms-ing you but never really making an effort to see you – he’s keeping his options open. He doesn’t actually like you.
- Singing to your bride on your wedding day is lame…always. Unless it’s reeeeeally funny.
- Never trust a pink giraffe… they’ll take all your money.
- It’s never ok to listen to pan-flute music… not even “now and then.” (Sorry Gran)
- You can drink as much as you like on Sundays as long as you’re home by 8.
Keep well, and chat soon!
Posted in - LT | Tagged: advice, blog, end, Goodbye, tips | 1 Comment »
Posted by lanktank on December 28, 2009
I’ve seen a lot of look-a-likeys around Cape Town of late. It’s really quite bizarre/bazaar (I’m never sure which one).
Here are the twin celebrities I’ve run into so far:
1. First person was Kristen Bell – That chick from Veronica Mars and Heroes. Baino has an absurd crush on her. I saw her while stuck in traffic. It was uncanny.
2. The Robert Pattinson look-a-likey. OK, my theory: this dude kind of looks like him, so when Twilight became, you know… mental, girls started paying more attention to him. He caught on, and began to wear his hair like Robert, same style of clothes etc, so he could also find his own Kristen Stewart look-a-like.
3. Katie Holmes chick – This one was insane. I was in the Spar waiting by the salad bar when I turned around and there she was, staring at the menu board. This was insanely alike. She literally is her twin. I must have turned around about 6 times, to the point where she felt uncomfortable. Whatever.
4. Michael K Williams – This guy places Omar in The Wire. However, I’m willing to admit; although they looked similar I think I wanted to see it more than anything else….*sniff*….if only.
Anyways, if you’re still reading this codswollop….. here’s a link for you:
Funniest sketches of the 2000′s… according to this guy…. but there are some serious goodies.
Posted in - LT, Kwaai Links | Tagged: best sketches, Katie Holmes, Kristen Bell, Kristen Stewart. look-a-like, Michael K Williams, Robert Pattinson | Leave a Comment »
Posted by lanktank on December 22, 2009
Christmas is upon us.
The sun is a-shining
The people are a-shopping
I am a-working… and therefore a-drinking heavily to work through this turmoil.
Only joking… but not really.
But how are things with you? Really? What’s going on inside that crazy, complicated head of yours?
Posted in - LT | Tagged: Christmas, holiday, working | Leave a Comment »
Posted by lanktank on December 20, 2009
It’s Jack and it’s Santa!
Posted in Isit? Videos | Tagged: interrogation, Jack Bauer, Santa | Leave a Comment »
Posted by lanktank on December 18, 2009
A Luwie pick…
So, keeping it contemporary and I was honoured enough to be within 20m of this hottie on 4 December 2009. He is good-looking enough to be in a boy band but on the brightside, he rocks it with the Killers. Every woman at the Coca-Cola Dome and at the Val De Vie Estate, whether partnered or single, would’ve gone home with him had he asked. In fact, ask any woman, they would not mind being de-flowered by him. They’re only human after all. So why all the hot fuss? Well, my choice this week for GIWKOOB is the Killers front-man, Brandon Flowers…
Posted in Guys we wouldn't kick out of bed | Tagged: Brandon Flowers, concert, hot, South Africa, The Killers, Tour | Leave a Comment »
Posted by Carl Schutte on December 17, 2009
So I was over at the ex-flat-mate’s pad the other night. I made sure I was there at around supper time and kept going on about how hungry I was. Sure enough he caved and offered me some free supper… score!
Whilst we were enjoying our mac n cheese, some Revlon ad came on with Doutzen Kroes. I was like: “Damn!” The ex-flat-mate responded: “Yeah, she’s hot, but she looks too much like Barbie doll.” I almost gagged on my mouthful of mac n cheese. I spat it out & threw down my fork (mostly for dramatic effect, but also coz the mouthful was hotter than expected).
I retorted: “Look, if you came home and she was lying on your bed, would you or wouldn’t you?! Quick, I want an answer!” He replied: “Yeah, I guess you’re right, I’d tap that…”
So, I thought it only fitting that this lovely lady make The Lank Tank list. She normally has blonde hair, but I think she’s smoking hot with dark hair… and those blue eyes… oh baby!
I found this pic of her graduating… no doubt she majored in hotness!
Doutzen Kroes celebrity profile
Posted in - C-Dawg, Uncategorized, We'd tap that | Tagged: Doutzen Kroes, hot, model, picture, Revlon | Leave a Comment »
Posted by lanktank on December 16, 2009
a loser for not knowing half these song?
In fact, don’t answer me. I couldn’t take anymore snark remarks. I mean, I haven’t had any per say but I don’t feel like any at all. I’m already working the whole of December… isn’t that pooey enough? Pooey or Pooie?
Anyways, have a gander…
Posted in Kwaai Links | Tagged: 2009, best songs, December, website | Leave a Comment »
Posted by lanktank on December 14, 2009
Anyone else notice that all three members of the Sugarbabes are entirely different to the original three girls which started the group in the beginning?
Anyone else care?
Anyone else cannot believe it is already December and so nearly Christmas?
Anyone else over that disbelief?
Anyone else know what they doing for New Years?
Anyone else not even thought about New Years?
Anyone else working the whole if December?
Anyone else allergic to cats?
Anyone else wanna party like it’s their b-day?
Posted in - LT | Tagged: Christmas, December, New Years, party, Sugarbabes, working | Leave a Comment »
Posted by lanktank on December 11, 2009
Is this link. It’s a Luwie find, and if you have the time, or have not been temporarily suspended from the internet at work… what? No, I’m not talking about me… check it out:
Good weekend peeps.
4 Days next week.
Posted in Kwaai Links | Leave a Comment »
Posted by lanktank on December 9, 2009
Come on, look at him… he’s cute right? And hot.
A hot actor that has been in such classics like the Spiderman trilogy and Milk… I mean I haven’t seen Milk… yet but it won an Oscar so it has to be good, huh?
He’s also got some seriously funny sketches on FunnyorDie.com – I think I’ve had some them on the tank before. Definitely worth a look.
But I suppose the real reason, is that he goes to school with FirstChild and even though they’re not necessarily “friends,” it’s probably the closest I’ll get to having a chance right? You know, if he was reeeally drunk, and had just broken up with his girlfriend and was feeling lonely and pathetic and no one else was around… I could have a shot.
Posted in - LT | Tagged: actor, cute, hot, james franco, milk, school, Spiderman | Leave a Comment »